Important information regarding number porting freeze period for the festive season.
The porting department will be closed from 23 December 2019
and will resume duties on the 6th of January 2020.
Last date of Submissions: 22nd of November 2019:
- No Managed port request received after 22nd of November 2019 will be loaded, since these requests should be scheduled and confirmed by no later than 30th of November 2019. The 22nd of November 2019 still provides port approval time of 5-7 working days and the 10 days needed to give Telkom advanced notice for scheduling of technicians.
- Port dates scheduled with Telkom during this time cannot be moved around. Please make sure that the
dateis suitable. If not, the Port request will be cancelledand will have to be resubmitted in January 2020.
- Managed ports rejected after 22rd of November 2019 will NOT be reloaded and you will be required to resubmit the requests in January 2020.
- Please refrain from submitting Managed ports after 23rd of November 2019 as by the time that they are tended to in January 2020 the Telkom bills will be outdated. To be safe, these requests must only be submitted in January 2020.
Last date of submissions: 6 DECEMBER 2019:
1. Individual port requests received on or before 6 December will be processed and Port date confirmations sent out for dates between 10 and 18 December 2019. These Ports will take place if accepted by the current Network provider. (note- Some Network providers are not available to process Port requests in December)
2. Ports that have been approved will have to be ready to Port on or before the 18th of December 2019.
3. Parties must respond promptly to Port dates confirmations in order to get late submissions ported.
- Pre-paid customers: Please make provision and pre-payments into your account for your expected port requests once you have confirmed the dates.
- Ensure all paperwork is 100% correct when submitted in order for the requests to be processed by the shutdown dates. Bizvoip will not take responsibility for ports not processed due to incorrect paperwork being submitted. Bizvoip will also not load new port requests after the shutdown date if the paperwork was sent incorrectly prior to the shutdown period.
- Multiple applications on one ticket will be rejected.
- Clients must be ready for the port and the installations
donewhen submitting paperwork.
- Make sure the client’s companies are still OPEN during the December period and only submit port requests for clients that will be ready to port once the port dates are available.
- Bizvoip cannot guarantee acceptance of any port requests shortly before the last date of porting. This is the busiest time of the year; we are not in the position to make special exceptions and/or push other networks for urgent ports.
- Please pay special attention when porting Fax lines, DSL, (WS) – 3rd party DSL lines and with managed ports. There will be a loss of any numbers in the range that are not ported. After the shutdown period, assistance cannot be provided and, in these cases, and all functionality or numbers will be lost as per regulations.
- NO Port requests will be loaded as “special requests” after the cut-off dates as per below.
- Loading times in January may take longer than the normal 48 hours. This could be due to potential backlog of Port requests
No Portreversals must be submitted after 14 December 2019. No reversals will be done.
- Should you not receive a ticket number, we have no record of your request. Please contact us before resubmitting the request on a new ticket as this helps prevent duplication.
- Managed Port submissions close on the 22nd of November 2019.
- Individual Port submissions close on 6 December 2019.
- Ports that have been rejected after 6 December 2019 will not be reloaded and you will have to resubmit the application and paperwork in January 2020. We will not resubmit using old documentation.
- Individual port requests received after 6 December 2019 will be loaded in January 2020.
Let us know via email to Support@bizvoip.co.za if you require any more info regarding the port freeze period.